Why I hate engineering and career options after engineering
Are you looking for a Job or higher educations after BTech or B.E, if yes then this blog post will help you to fix your career path?
Let me ask you, what are your goals after B. Tech or B.E. Are you planning for your placements or higher education?
I will tell you what should be better options for your future
So, don’t wait. Lets’ start and avoid your confusion from this article.
Let me Allow you to tell me about me. I am an engineer who graduated from a reputed college and done an MBA. From my childhood, I’m good at mathematics and but the engineer was never my passion. I did engineer because of peer pressure. But somehow, I had blind faith that if I do engineer my life would be different. So, I did an engineer in telecommunications. I got placed in the mediocre Campus with the below-average package. Later I got completed engineering; I felt I had accomplished something outstanding. But the reality is, I wasted my four years of precious life by doing the course. I was not happy with my job and position. Look, earning a five-digit salary is not more important rather than satisfaction. If you did BTech or B.E. from average or below average collage with bad academics, it would not take you anywhere. The degree will not fetch your job. It will land you as unemployment.
Lots of my friends doing their engineering from average college, somehow many successfully got placed in the job, but their earnings are far lower than expected. Sometimes I would feel, a school dropout can earn more than this. Many of my friends did engineering in mechanical, but now working as a software engineer.
Frankly speaking, on an average 4L to 5L required to complete the engineering course, if you were doing from average college, but some colleges are exceptional. If you fixed deposits’ these 5Lakhs in Bank for four years, it would yield 1,47,111 as interest so the total maturity value will be 500000 + 147111 =647111. But you can’t compare money with education. Money has its own value. We see education as an investment criterion. By investing in Engineering 5L for 4years and earring Nil means we lost the opportunity. Neither you are not capable of doing Business, nor you are capable of finding a line of work. Because our education imparts no training skills, this is why you are still unemployed.
Then, after doing BTech, many students think whether I should proceed for an MBA, MTech. Yes, you can go with these options, but never make the same mistake by joining these below average college. And if you are planning to do MTech because you don’t get any job in BTech. I strongly recommend never do MTech. MTech is only for those students those who excelled in B.Tech.
And you already knew about Indian societal mindsets, your neighbours, friends and teachers’ all will look at you as a loser if you are unable to fetch an excellent job.
Now you have a limited time what you need to do now. Focus on your skills and goals. Always focus on your target and get ready to acquire a new skill set to ace the competition. Every year Millions of engineer students get through from this so-called engineering college, but less than a few imparts training skills and acquire a good job. I want you to be that part.
So here I am sharing some basic tricks and tips to get placed in a Campus or offline
TIPS TO GET PLACED IN CAMPUS OR OFFLINE.
- Strengthen your Academics– if you are a student of 3rd year, this is the time to focus more on your academic basics—even you are preparing for GATE, CAT or any exams. Never downgrade your grading. Having good grades is much more respectable in a Job interview. And don’t think about theory practical approach is essential, but also problem-solving skills are needed.
- Communication skills-Almost everywhere you required, communication skill is a great asset for students if you are working on these skills; it can help you a lot in placements. Always attempt to speak whenever needed, listen to what is essential and write these things in your records of your daily actions. By doing this, it will help you to get off your mistakes and makes you better. One thing I forget to tell you, focus and improve your English-speaking skills. English is a universal language that is spoken globally throughout the earth. Even though Hindi is the national language of our country but in most of the southern and northern parts the English language is spoken next to Hindi and India is the second-largest country after the USA in which English is spoken widely as a result of which many software and Its professionals are imported only from India
- PERSONALITY- What do personality mean? Does personality mean good or a smart look or having a luxurious quality lifestyle. None of them is considered a personality to mean. We met so many people in our day to day life, but very few of them attract or impress us, we often say this kind of people “what a pleasant personality”. This kind of people always happy in their life; they got respect everywhere and even got an early promotion in their respective jobs. No one is perfect, but one can become perfect by identifying their shortcoming, and he can work hard to make it correct. You as an engineering student, please take care of your personality. Placement cell mainly focus on an individual more during In an interview
BE CASUAL DRESS -Dark shirt with light pants or vice versa.
COMB YOUR HAIR- Comb means comb no styling.
Beards- Shaving means clean shave.
Shoes- Try to wear black shoes formal
Belt- Wear a dark-coloured belt with a simple buckle, not funky one.
Look- Before starting to interview clean your face with facewash.
Takes Pen- Note with you in an interview.
RESUME- The aim of your CV should be presented to your potential employer, why you are the best person for this job. Your CV, it is the foremost thing that goes in front of the interviewer. Your CV is the first impression to the interviewer. If interviewer, don’t like your CV and found any immature mistake, then his perception may be wrong for you. And also keep in mind that your small silly mistakes can point your antics. If a person is inadmissible to make his CV, then there are chances to do the job too, and the interviewer knows this well. It is also important to make a good CV because candidates are sorted out based on CV first in most of the companies. So this is the most critical step you should never miss.
You may have questions, how to make a good CV, but I don’t have the perfect answer for this. But I can share some essential points, so keep this point into consideration.
- Make sure your CV look professional.
- Use bullet points instead of a paragraph; this makes an interviewer understand well.
- Don’t make any spelling mistake on your CV.
- Don’t prepare your CV for more than one page.
- Make different CV for different kind of jobs in different companies.
- Highlights essential points related to your job.
- If possible, ask your colleagues and friends to read your CV, if they found any changes, then do accordingly.
- Conversion-Before giving way for interview study about company prospects and during an interview, if interviewer asking questions gives answers with a politely and little smile on the face, what you asked to afford to answer never try you become over smart. I worked for past two years in the telecom sector, and I have exceptional knowledge in this field, but whenever I have an interview scheduled, I repeat my old books, PPTs, and other resource material well. And give equal importance to theoretical knowledge to your job. I know some people who have a good understanding of how practical they work, but they lack technical terms and theory and because of this success not found. You don’t do such kind of mistake and don’t underestimate theoretical knowledge. After making out your interview say thank you, don’t shake hands till interviewer give their hand to shake.
Some key points-
Create a folder or file of all mark sheets or certificates in a sequence till date
Suggested use black coloured file.
Carry with you never open in front of an interviewer till they ask you to show.
NOW WE SEE OTHER SIDE AFTER B.E OR B. TECH
If I don’t want to go to Campus or offline placements, my interest is to pursue a master’s?
Answer- It’s your freedom, no one-stop for your decision. Speaking frankly, you must go for an interview. If you got a chance to face an interview, you must go for an interview. Either you reach success and failure. In both cases, you will gain experience to meet the job interview.
QUESTION- I AM PREPARING FOR GATE, CAT SERVICES OR RAILWAYS DO I TO ATTEND INTERVIEW?
Answer– when you joined this engineering course, your main objective was to get placed in a job. You must go for an interview. Don’t waste this precious opportunity.
COURSES AND PG PROGRAMS AFTER B.E OR B. TEC
- M.TECH– PREFER IITS AND NITS
- MBA- PREFER- IIMS OR ‘A’ GRADE COLLEGES
- MSC- DATA SCIENCE FROM TOP CITIES-BANGLURU, PUNE, HYDERABAD
- MS-GO ABROAD PLANS- PREFER USA, CANADA OR EUROPE
- GOVERNMENT OBS- PREFER-CIVIL SERVICES, PSU
- PRIVATE JOBS- MNCS, TOP FIRMS, GROWTH, OPPORTUNITIES.
- ENTREPRENEUR-Start-ups, Business, and ventures
GET TOUCH WITH FACULTY OR SENIORS WHO ARE WORKING-
This is critical. Many students ignore the advice from faculties and seniors. They all are well-wishers with vast experience. They help you to get a job or further deciding proper career guidance.
Respect them, really. You may not feel better if they were unable to help you, don’t contact uncouth, try everything. Opportunity can come from anywhere. Do become seriously and be sincere to yourself, and definitely, you will achieve success.
I WILL ATTACHED SOME OF MY OFFER LETTER SCREENSHOT SOON HERE.
I WILL share some offer letter screenshot with you. Do you know why I will share it with you? Because it gives you motivations if I can do then you can also. But I never joined this company, I have attempted every interview and successfully get through it. As I already said, I don’t want to be a job seeker instead I want to be a job giver.
If you like this post, please share it with your friends, so they can also know the dark side of engineering and able to take the right decision at the right time.