Blog posts are not merely a bunch of words but something that can uplift your voice to millions of people, make your brand famous and create a large number of regular readers. No matter for what purpose you’re blogging, you might be missing some factors or things that are essential for giving it flavour.
In this post, we are going to explain “five things you don’t want to forget when publishing a blog post”. Adding these things will make your blog get the maximum number of clicks, more readers, and a high ranking.
1. Check the Blog for Plagiarism
Unique content means no plagiarism. Since plagiarism is an illegal act, it can badly harm the credibility and professionalism of your blogs. Plagiarised blogs are mostly penalized by search engines, which results in low ranking. Additionally, according to an online source, “Google” penalizes sites with 10% plagiarised content. Moreover, among the readers, no one wants to spend time reading copied content.
So, knowing the result of plagiarism, you may fancy the importance of this step for your blog before hitting the “Publish button”. Let’s discuss the remedy for plagiarised text if it is found in your blog content. There are multiple ways of removing plagiarism, i.e. manually or by utilising online rephrasing tools.
However, the most efficient and easy way is to use online tools. For this, you have to copy the plagiarised content and rephrase online with the help of a rephrasing tool. The tool will turn the copied content into a file and unique form within no time.
2. Add Visuals
Visuals include images, illustrations, videos, etc. They are necessary to be added to make your blog interesting. They break long borders of tests that are boring and mostly difficult to read. Moreover, visuals make your readers stop and have a closer look at them. In this way, readers are kept engaged and interested throughout the blog.
“According to research conducted by MIT, 90% of the data and information stored in the human brain is visual”.
For your convenience, we have covered some tips to add visuals:
- You should add relevant visuals.
- For images, you should add “alt-text” or tags.
- Contract the image or video size before adding it to the blog.
- You should use copyright-free images. For this, we have listed some free image sources i.e. Pexel.com, Pixabay, PNG Wings, Unsplash, etc.
So, it is useful to insert visuals before or at the time of publishing blogs. Doing this will stimulate the minds of your readers and make the text blocks easier to read.
3. Check Linking
Another thing that you should not forget when publishing a blog post is “linking“. It is basically of two types i.e. external and internal. If done correctly, it can boost your site’s ranking when you externally link to “credible sources”. Internal linking makes the search crawlers reach every post easily on your site. Moreover, it is useful to keep your readers on your site for a long time.
In the below sections, we have covered some useful tips to be considered while linking;
- You should hyperlink the blog post to relevant posts on your site. So, you should not link to irrelevant posts or pages.
- Don’t link to spammy sites. But make sure your external links are going to high-authority sites.
- Link your blog posts with old ones on your site that you want to crawl and rank by the search engines.
4. Ensure Your Blog Post Has Meta-Tags
Meta descriptions, also known as “meta tags,” are a brief summary of your blog post. They are displayed under the title of a blog post in SERPs and are important in a way to tell readers what content is coveted in your blog post. Moreover, it increases the “CTR” of the blog post.
So. It is essential for you not to forget to write meta-tags for blog posts at the time of publishing.
They will appear in search results like the following in the below demonstration:
Here are some helpful tips regarding meta-description:
- You should not make it lengthy. The optimal length for the meta-description attribute is 150–160 characters. So, you should not exceed it in this range.
- Include the target or main keyword in the description.
- It should give a bird’s-eye view of the whole blog post.
And so on…
5. Optimise Title
These are the most important things to be considered when publishing a blog post. The title is the most prominent thing about your blog post shown in the search results.
As shown below;
The possibility of readers clicking and landing on your site highly depends on your blog post’s title. Consequently, you should not forget to optimise the title of the blog post. To help you in this scenario, we have discussed “some tips” below:
- You should write the blog post’s title around the “focus keyword”.
- Ensure that it does not exceed the optimal length, i.e., ranging from 50 to 60 characters.
- The title should be descriptive, i.e., give an overview of your blog post’s intent.
There are multiple necessary things to do before publishing a blog post. They are all useful in making your posts rank higher and reach the maximum number of readers. Furthermore, they boost the engagement and interest of your blog traffic and readers. This post or focus was on five things (i.e., visuals, uniqueness, linking, meta-tags, and title optimisation) that you don’t want to forget when publishing a blog post.
About the author
Hiee, Beautiful people. This is Yamini, Co-founder of Gyanvardaan.com. I am an enthusiastic writer. I am From Meg, The city of Beautify. I love to write and publish related to Tech and Lifestyle.